Main Menu

Friday, August 19, 2011

Casey Stoner fastest in Brno post-race test


The Australian Casey Stoner nonstop to show his strong form in the post-race test on Monday. Czech GP winner, who extended his lead in the standings with a commanding win on Sunday, posted the fastest time of the day with a lap of 1m56.168s on the new 1000cc machine.

Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo 32 points behind the championship leader, the Spaniard riding both this year's and next year's bikes, setting the fastest time with the 2012 prototype machine.

"Today has been an exciting and busy day because it has been the first day riding the 1000cc bike, but also because we have made a small step with the engine upgrades for the 800cc bike," Lorenzo told Autosport. "We rode many laps non-stop from nine this morning to five this afternoon!

“I realised the 1000cc bike was incredible when I saw the power on the straight. I like this bike a lot and I wanted to have more laps but I have to still think about this season! I have been just one hour with our future bike! I can say that the next MotoGP season will be amazing, much more power, you go out of the corners sliding; I can't wait!" he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment